Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Domestic Goddess shares effortless meals that can be cooked in a flash Nigella Lawson
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 9 ounces best-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup hot water, from a recently boiled kettle
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate, and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on the stove over fairly gentle heat to melt, stirring every now and again. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla until thick and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
- Pour/scrape into 4 glasses or small dishes, about ¾ cup each in capacity, or 6 smaller (½ cup) ones, and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!