Recipe by Jessica K
Posting for World tour II. this is really good, i used to get this all the time at a bar! you could probably use vodka if you don't like sake. from findarticles.com
Top Review by Cynna
Ooooh! Sake is so good to begin with, but this makes it even better. I used 1/2 pineapple and 1/2 mango because I couldn't decide between the two. It was a wise decision. I also took the fruit and used it in a sake gelatin dessert I saw on Take Home Chef the other day and it was AMAZING!! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sake
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (peeled and sliced into rings OR 1 cup fresh mango-peeled, pitted, and sliced into chunks)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4- to 6-cup widemouthed jar, make sure it's a jar you can seal, combine 1 bottle sake and 1 cup sliced fresh pineapple or sliced mango.
- Cover and put in refrigerator until sake has a subtle fruit flavor, about 1 week. Lift out fruit with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Serve cold-the sooner, the better. Leftover sake (without fruit) will keep up to 1 week when stored airtight in the refrigerator.
- cook time is resting time.