Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I went out for dinner and had this delicious roast at a friend's. She promised me the recipe but I did not get it. I was thrilled to find it in an old cookbook my grandmother had bought for me originally published in 1950.
- Place unseasoned meat on a large sheet of thick aluminium foil. (double if necessary).
- Spread entire surface of meat with tomato paste, and then sprinkle over the soup mix.
- Wrap it up securely in the foil so no juices can escape during the cooking time.
- Place in uncovered roasting dish in a preheated 180 degrees celcius oven.
- Cook for 3 hours and do not touch the entire time!.
- When ready you can strain the gravy and pass it along separately.