Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are large, delicious and light.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, grated lemon peel and nutmeg.
- Combine yogurt and buttermilk and stir in dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before moving from pan to rack.
Light,moist,low-fat and delicious. What more could you ask for?
I was looking for a special blueberry recipe for someone's birthday, so decided to try these muffins - I was disappointed. While the flavor was very good, I found them to be rather dough-y, and they were not what I would consider large & light. Even with the amount of baking powder in them, they did not rise like I thought they would - in fact, they barely rose above the top of the muffin tin, and when they cooled they sank. I don't think I will try them again, but thanks for posting. -M