Recipe by TinaZR
For my Survival Cooking class with young people, we utilize Indoor Grills (George Foreman). This is a very simple kabob recipe. It can be modified to include any fruit of veg you prefer. Prep time does not include time to marinate the kabobs.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherries or 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 lb white mushroom, halved
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak Wooden Skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Thread skewer ingredients onto skewers, alternating chicken/fruit and veggies and place into a shallow dish.
- Whisk marinade ingredients together, adding salt and pepper to taste. Pour over assembled skewers. Marinate in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Place marinated skewers onto indoor grill, close grill cover and cook, approximately 5-10 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender, and chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.