Recipe by FlemishMinx
There are already numerous sesame noodles posted here on this site, but this one seems to differ slightly from them all. We found the more we ate from this dish, the more we liked it. To be served at room temperature, or chilled. Time to cook (and bring to room temperature) the noodles is not included.
Top Review by mailbelle
This was ok. Made with soba noodles. There didn't seem to be enough sauce for the noodles. If I make this again I think I'll double the sauce. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (your choice, creamy or crunchy)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you wish!)
- 2 green onions or 2 scallions, sliced with tops
- 8 ounces soba noodles or 8 ounces linguine, cooked and at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce and water; whisk until completely smooth (if you use crunchy peanut butter, it won't get entirely smooth).
- Add the vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and cayenne and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Add green onions to the noodles, then mix in the sauce; toss to coat well.
- It is now ready to serve!