Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe is from the Epicurious website. Special equipment: a nonstick muffin pan with 6 (1 cup) muffin cups
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/8 inch thic slices (1 lb total)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh chives
- 42.52 g finely grated pecorino romano cheese or 42.52 g parmigiano-reggiano cheese (3/4 cup)
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute zucchini with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Whish chives, zucchini and 1/2 cup cheese into eggs.
- Divide mixture among oiled muffin cups and bake in middle of oven until tops are puffed and set, about 14 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and turn on broiler.
- Sprinkle frittatas with remaining cheese and broil 3 or 4 inches form heat until cheese is melted and tops are golden, 1 to 2 minutes.