Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit , this made a lovely brunch today, along with fruit salad and scones.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in saute pan, saute zucchini with salt and pepper until tender, remove and cool.
- Whisk chives, zucchini and 1/2 cup cheese into eggs.
- Grease a 6-cup non-stick muffin pan, divide mixture among muffin cups and bake about 15 minutes until set.
- Remove from oven, top with additional parmesan cheese and turn on broiler.
- Broil 3 minutes until tops are browned cheese is melted.
Delicious individual frittatas, I add a few thin sliced mushrooms and garlic to the Zucchini when sauting them. We liked the idea of the individual frittatas. Thank you for the recipe,Chia.
These were very nice for a light dinner. I did not have any chives and instead used Italian seasoning. I used 4 whole eggs and 12 egg whites (to reduce the calories and cholesterol). I obviously have very small muffin tins, though! I put these into a regular 12 muffin tin plus used 2 ramekins! We particularly liked the way they looked in the ramekins, though you would need a lot of them to do that.