Recipe by Ben F.
I went on the South Beach Diet and this is a Phase 3 recipe that caught my eye. You really can't eat sweets on this diet so this recipe cures the cravings.
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 3⁄4 lb fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 medium kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced, and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 12 muffin pans with baking liners.Place one vanilla in the bottom of each liner.
- Process the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Combine the cottage cheese with the Neufchatel in a medium bowl and beat at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs,.
- lime rind, lime juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spoon the cheese mixture evenly over the vanilla wafers. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are almost set. (Do not over bake.) Let the cheesecakes cool completely on a wire rack. Remove from the pans and chill thoroughly. Spread the vanilla yogurt over the cheesecakes, and top each one with kiwifruit slices.