Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was developed out of a need for a low carb dessert, portion control, and from what was in our refrigerator - as a result, they are lower in fat than cheesecakes made with more cream cheese. These are gingery - lower the ginger if you don't want them so spicy. The "crust" is just flax seed meal mixed with Splenda and sprinkled in to the bottom of non-stick sprayed silpat muffin pans.
- 1 (15 ounce) canplain pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt (Mountain High brand recommended)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- Spray the sides and bottoms of 16 silicone muffin pans and place the pans on flat baking sheets to support them.
- Mix 1 T Splenda with the flax seed meal and divide the mixture between the muffin tins. Shake the pans to evenly coat the bottom of each cup.
- In a food processor blend all the other ingredients and pour evenly into the muffin pans. Fill the cups to within 1/4 inch of the top; these will puff up a bit but fall as they cool.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before removing them from the pans. Chill or freeze as needed.
- This may make more or less, depending on the size of your muffin pans.