Recipe by KLV
I needed a quick, easy dessert for a dinner party so I modified and combined a couple of trifle and parfait recipes. My guests loved it!
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 loaf pound cake
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup kiwi
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cool Whip or whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- You need 6- 8 glass dessert bowls or parfait glasses or you can do one big trifle in a glass bowl.
- Prepare the pudding according to the instructions on the box (mix with the 2 cups of milk) Cut the pound cake into cubes Slice the strawberries and peel and slice the kiwi (you can use any fruit you like actually) Put a layer of pudding in each bowl, then a layer of cake cubes, layer the fruit (strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries) on top of that and then a final layer of pudding.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Before serving, garnish each trifle with a dollop of Cool Whip (or whipping cream), strawberry slice and a few blueberries.