1/1 Photo of Individual Chocolate Cakes With Chocolate Coconut Glaze
I found this on Food network's website... Putting it here for safe keeping! The picture on their website looks delicious!
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Chocolate Coconut Glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the large muffin tins with large cupcake liners.
- 2Put the butter, coffee, water, and cocoa in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on HIGH until the butter melts, about 2 minutes. Whisk to combine.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Beat the sour cream with the egg and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk the hot cocoa mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir in the sour cream mixture just to combine; don't overmix. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full (about 2/3 cup per cupcake). Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- 4Cool the cupcakes completely in the tin on a rack. Remove from liners and return cakes to a rack.
- 5For the glaze: Put chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring coconut milk and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly, then pour it over the chocolate. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes, then stir until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon warm glaze evenly over each cake, then scatter the coconut over the top.
- 6Cook's Note We prefer Dutch-process cocoa here over natural cocoa for its fuller, deeper flavor.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Chocolate Cakes With Chocolate Coconut Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (2555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.9
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 279.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g