Baton Twirling's Note:
An easy-to-make spicy Mexican-style meatloaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chips, finely crushed yields 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese or 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 7 5/8 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from can
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2For the meat loaves: In a large bowl, combine tortilla chips, milk, cheese, cilantro, scallions, and egg.
- 3Add ground beef; toss mixture with hands until evenly combined.
- 4Shape into 4 tightly packed (5- x 3-inch) oval loaves.
- 5For the glaze: Mix all ingredients in a small glass measure until blended.
- 6Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- 7Add meat loaves and cook 2 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- 8Transfer loaves to a broiler pan rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 9Brush loaves with glaze.
- 10Roast 12 minutes, or until just cooked through and internal temperature registers 155 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Chipotle Meat Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.2 mg
- Sodium 594.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo