Prep 22 mins
Cook 16 mins
An easy-to-make spicy Mexican-style meatloaf.
Make and share this Individual Chipotle Meat Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chips, finely crushed yields 1/2 cup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup Cotija cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 7 5⁄8 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from can
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- For the meat loaves: In a large bowl, combine tortilla chips, milk, cheese, cilantro, scallions, and egg.
- Add ground beef; toss mixture with hands until evenly combined.
- Shape into 4 tightly packed (5- x 3-inch) oval loaves.
- For the glaze: Mix all ingredients in a small glass measure until blended.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add meat loaves and cook 2 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Transfer loaves to a broiler pan rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush loaves with glaze.
- Roast 12 minutes, or until just cooked through and internal temperature registers 155 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.