Fun, yet family-friendly individual pot pies. These are made with Pillsbury Grands biscuits and are easy to make, but make a great presentation! The ingredients for these pizza pot pies can be varied depending on your personal preferences.
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 2 -3 cups of diced pepperoni
- 3 cups shredded mixed swiss cheese or 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 count) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup of sliced green onion (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- flour, as needed for rolling biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir fry mushrooms and green onions for several minutes in oil or butter.
- Combine cooked mushrooms/green onions, ham, pepperoni, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, pineapple and cheese in bowl.
- Separate Pillsbury Grands in half. There should be a smaller top half and larger bottom.
- Take the larger bottom and roll out into circle on a floured surface with a rolling pin to fit into a greased muffin tin or 6 oz custard cup. Make sure the biscuit round is large enough to overlap the tin.
- Fill with meat and cheese mixture.
- Take top of biscuit and flatten out enough to cover top.
- Brush sides of biscuit top and bottom with beaten egg and pinch the top and bottom of the biscuits together.
- Brush top of pot pie with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until crust in deep golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin or custard cups.