Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
My husband found this recipe on www.dineanddish.net. We love, love, love warm bananas and are always looking for new methods of cooking them as well as flavor combinations. Take four ramekins, fill them with a delicious combination of bananas mixed with vanilla and orange juice, top each with a crunchy cinnamon crumble and you have a tiny taste of heaven in each dish. This yummy, baked banana dessert and is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 4 bananas, semi-ripe, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 1 tbs. vanilla)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine orange juice and vanilla. Set aside.
- Slice bananas and place flat in four buttered ramekins.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and butter. Using a pastry blender (or two knives), blend until mixture resembles small peas.
- Drizzle bananas with orange juice mixture.
- Spoon crumble mixture over fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is delightfully browned.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.