Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A side to serve with any Indian meal. Needs 30 minutes refrigeration before serving
Make and share this Indian- Tomato Kachambur recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- Mix the lime juice, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss well to mix.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables again before serving to ensure the dressing is distributed.
I enjoyed the lime flavor & thought it added an unexpected sparkle to a cucumber salad. I skipped the mint (personal preference) and could see this salad paired with a Tex-Mex meal too. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Made for the Spring PAC Safari 2013, this recipe definitely has versatility to recommend it. While described as a recipe of Indian origin, I agree w/another reviewer that the combo of ingredients is also decidedly Tex-Mex. It would be equally welcome as a relish side for both cuisines, could be used as the basis of a shrimp ceviche w/some proportional adjustments & be moved even closer to Tex-Mex w/the addition of halved black olives &/or avocado (a comment made by my DH). Green onions are rarely found here in Iceland, so I subbed red onion & otherwise made the recipe as written. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
I liked the lime taste. Made for World tour 8