Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from some of my partying friends in San Francisco, California.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in a 12″ skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, and then add wine and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Add mussels, cover with lid, and cook until mussels are opened, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mussels to a bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and add cream, 2/3 of the cilantro, and any juices collected in the bowl of mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Divide mussels among serving bowls.
- Ladle sauce over mussels; garnish with remaining cilantro.