1/6 Photos of Indian Sprouted Lentil Salad
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Addictive and extremely healthy! Sometimes you can find sprouted lentils or bean medley in the higher-end markets, but you can sprout your own! TO SPROUT LENTILS: Measure about 6 to 8 tablespoons and soak them in plenty of water to cover overnight. The next morning, drain and rinse, and put them into a wide mouth jar covered with cheesecloth and secured with a rubber band. Lay the jar on its side and cover with a towel. Set aside on the kitchen counter to sprout for the day, rinsing them once or twice and draining them thoroughly. If the weather is cold, they may take a little longer to sprout. Rinse them and leave them until the next morning when you'll notice each lentil has sprouted a little tail. They will now be ready to enjoy. Time estimate does not include sprouting time. NOTE: Recipe yield updated to more accurately reflect reviewer's comments. Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted lentils
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced seeded tomato
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup small quartered red radish (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Carefully rinse the sprouted lentils in a colander.
- 2Add the chopped vegetables to the bowl and lightly toss them with the sprouted lentils.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- 4Drizzle the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss gently again.
- 5Allow the flavors to blend for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Sprouted Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar