Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Addictive and extremely healthy! Sometimes you can find sprouted lentils or bean medley in the higher-end markets, but you can sprout your own! TO SPROUT LENTILS: Measure about 6 to 8 tablespoons and soak them in plenty of water to cover overnight. The next morning, drain and rinse, and put them into a wide mouth jar covered with cheesecloth and secured with a rubber band. Lay the jar on its side and cover with a towel. Set aside on the kitchen counter to sprout for the day, rinsing them once or twice and draining them thoroughly. If the weather is cold, they may take a little longer to sprout. Rinse them and leave them until the next morning when you'll notice each lentil has sprouted a little tail. They will now be ready to enjoy. Time estimate does not include sprouting time. NOTE: Recipe yield updated to more accurately reflect reviewer's comments. Thanks!
Top Review by free-free
Great recipe...makes for a fabulous, fresh, crunchy salad...I had about 3 cups of lentil sprouts that I wanted to use up and luckily came across this ( :)doing a goggle search...never saw it on Zaar before) Happy Day!!! :) pulled it together by doubling and then some the other ingredients...had everything on hand minus radish -so topped it with alfalfa sprouts instead for that extra "bit-o-bite"(had alot of those too; did a bunch of sprouting and my husband forgot to add them to his sammies - great way to use them before they get the funk)...added some diced garlic and a splash of Braggs aminos for a salty dash...super yummy results...plan to make it a lot during the summer-Thanks Sandi!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sprouted lentils
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup small quartered red radish (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully rinse the sprouted lentils in a colander.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the bowl and lightly toss them with the sprouted lentils.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss gently again.
- Allow the flavors to blend for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.