Recipe by Chef.Jules
I came up with this one night when I wanted to have Indian food, and all we had on hand was Salmon. Pretty easy recipe, uses only ground spices.
Top Review by SlowFoodie
This is very good! Next time I will add a little more yogurt, so there is more sauce to soak into the rice bed that I put the fillets on. And it was a tiny bit hot for me, so I might use even less cayenne (but, in all fairness, I'm a total sissy when it comes to spicy). Hubs and I loved it - a definite keeper. Thanks Jules - just the flavors I was looking for.
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine yogurt and all the spices.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet and saute salmon fillets so that they're brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer salmon to small baking dish and spoon yogurt sauce over top. Bake in oven until fish flakes easily with a fork (15 minutes or so).