Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Aarti Sequeira of Food Network. A nice twist on spiced nuts!
Make and share this Indian-Spiced Nuts With Coconut recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup peanuts (roasted and unsalted)
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (see recipe below)
- kosher salt
For Garam Masala
- 3 large cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons green cardamom seeds (from 1/4 cup green pods)
- 1 tablespoon black cardamom seed (from 4 black pods)
- To make the garam masala, put the cinnamon sticks, cloves, green and black cardamom seeds in a spice grinder and pulse until finely ground. Store in an airtight container, away from direct sunlight, up to 6 months.
- Make the nuts: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the peanuts, pecans, coconut flakes, vegetable oil, cumin, coriander, 2 teaspoons of garam masala and salt in a bowl and pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes , rotating halfway through for even baking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.