- 250 g potatoes
- 500 g sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sultana, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
- Boil sugar in water till syrup is of thread-like consistency (when a drop of it is taken between thumb and index finger and pulled apart, it forms a thread).
- Remove from stove.
- Add potatoes and butter.
- When it begins to firm, add cashew nuts, sultanas and vanilla essence.
- Stir till mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Take a tray and apply ghee on for to come off properly.
- Spread on a shallow tray.
- Make it cool and cut into pieces and serve.