Ishrat made this on the UK tv show,"Come Dine with Me." I made these for Super Bowl appetizers and we all thought they were wonderful. Ishrat measured everything "by feel," so please feel free to adjust all seasonings very much to taste. I was worried these might be too spicy, but they came out just right for us.
My Private Note
mini bu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb or 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder, to taste (spicy kind)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, to taste
- 2 -3 green chilies, finely chopped (seeded ot not, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- vegetable oil, if needed (optional)
For the Raita dip
- 1Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix using hands until well blended.
- 2Shape the mixture into about 15 small burgers and chill until ready to cook.
- 3Grill or pan fry using very little oil on a med/low heat so meat cooks through and doesn't just burn on outside, until burgers are done to your liking (I cooked about 10 minutes).
- 4For the dip, prepare no more than 1 hour before serving (or it gets watery).
- 5Mix together the yogurt, onions, and cucumber, adding seasonings to your taste.
- 6Cover and chill until ready to serve, adding the coriander leaves on top at the last minute.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Mini Mince Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.3
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 555.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: