Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You don't even have to break-out the mixer for this one!
- 2 1⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (key lime, preferred)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into an 8"x8" pan sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan and then cut into squares.
These were delicious and reminded me of macaroons flavored with lime. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan, using the zest and juice of 3 largish limes, 1-7 oz package of coconut, 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk andd 1-12 oz. box of vanilla wafer crumbs. I'm posting these amounts just to avoid measuring anything. I still baked it for about 25 minutes in a dark metal pan.
I love how easy these are to make, and they're pretty tasty too. I couldn't find key limes, so I used regular limes. I feel like these would be a lot tastier with key limes, but unfortunately they aren't in season right now. Once winter comes, I'm definitely going to try these with key limes.
These were so delicious with the real key lime juice and lime zest. Very chewy and rich. I am making them again a week later because they were so good. I wasn't sure how to tell if they were done, so I ended up leaving them in oven for 30 minutes which was fine.