Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ground Turkey with Quinoa, Eggs and Onions
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 12 ounces quinoa, preferably red
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground himalayan pink salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Cholula (or more) or 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more)
- 4 large eggs
- Place quinoa into large saucepan with twice the volume of water and onion soup mix. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sautee onions and mushrooms in olive oil.
- While the onions and mushrooms are sauteeing, crack eggs and mix well with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey to the onions and mushrooms and cook on medium heat, about 10 minutes, until done, stirring frequently. Make sure it is crummbly!
- Add eggs to turkey mixture and cook about 3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add cooked quinoa mixture and mix thoroughly. If it seems to dry, add a little tomato sauce or spicy V8.
- Serve with a large salad and enjoy!