1/2 Photos of Ina's Scallops Provencal
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Courtesy of Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa. A GREAT recipe for those seafood lovers! Amazingly simple to make and quick to the table... Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you're using bay scallops, keep them whole.
- 2If you're using sea scallops, cut each one in 1/2 horizontally.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss with flour, and shake off the excess.
- 4In a very large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat until sizzling and add the scallops in 1 layer.
- 5Lower the heat to medium, and allow the scallops to brown lightly on 1 side without moving them, then turn and brown lightly on the other side. This should take 3-4 minutes, total.
- 6Melt the rest of the butter in the pan with the scallops, then add the shallots, garlic, and parsley, and saute for 2 more minutes, tossing the seasonings with the scallops.
- 7Add the wine, cook for 1 minute, and taste for seasoning.
- 8Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ina's Scallops Provencal
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 254.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g