Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa. A GREAT recipe for those seafood lovers! Amazingly simple to make and quick to the table... Enjoy!
- If you're using bay scallops, keep them whole.
- If you're using sea scallops, cut each one in 1/2 horizontally.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss with flour, and shake off the excess.
- In a very large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat until sizzling and add the scallops in 1 layer.
- Lower the heat to medium, and allow the scallops to brown lightly on 1 side without moving them, then turn and brown lightly on the other side. This should take 3-4 minutes, total.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the pan with the scallops, then add the shallots, garlic, and parsley, and saute for 2 more minutes, tossing the seasonings with the scallops.
- Add the wine, cook for 1 minute, and taste for seasoning.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Excellent, straightforward treatment of scallops. I found the cooking time just a tad long--my Step 5 time was more like three minutes, but I think this is a matter of taste. The very nice sauce allows the flavor of the scallops to shine through. Thanks, Linda!
LOVE this recipe! We are big seafood eaters and this is a perfect scallop recipe. The lemon is a great touch and I serve this over angel hair.
We love scallops,was brought up on them.Will cook this again.