Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This isn't really cooking, but it's a cheap and easy way to have almost home-made pizza fast. It's great for starving college students. This is a good source of protein, calcium and vitamin A, and we used to get 5 frozen pizzas for $10.
- 1 medium frozen cheese pizza
- 1 teaspoon crushed dry oregano
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle oregano over the pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Add any other desired toppings (mushrooms, browned ground beef, shredded parmesan cheese, etc.).
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 425F or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Slice and serve.
Yum! This really did make my simple pizza much tastier! I used provel cheese and oregano on a Tostino's pizza for lunch and Wow! Thanks so much for posting this tip!
We always add extra cheese to our frozen pizza (a staple for us -- especially the kids), but I really liked the addition of the oregano!! I will definately be doing that in the future -- thanks!! :)
awesome idea! I usually add oregano to the top of the cheap totino's pizza but never thought to add extra cheese. I didn't add as much as the recipe called for, just kinda eye-balled it and it still came out delicious! major improvement to the boring ol' yucky plain cheap pizzas. I was tired tonite and didn't feel like cooking anything too major, so this hit the spot. thanks for a keeper!