Recipe by Queen of Everything
This is a very simple chicken dish to impress someone with. Great practice dish for a beginner cook.
Top Review by Bobbie
The recipe is appropriately named!!! I doubled the sauce portion of the recipe -- I wanted to make sure I have enough. We're not big spinach fans, so I served the chicken over some rice and had roasted fresh asparagus with it. I also added the sauteed mushrooms to the sauce. We enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing this recipe with all of us.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts very thinly between waxed paper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Broil chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Set chicken aside.
- In pan, melt butter.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for a minute or two over low flame.
- Add milk and whisk gently until sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from flame and add wine.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken on a bed of sauteed fresh spinach and mushrooms with sauce on top.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes.