Satisfy your craving for Pizza with an easy Italian-style chicken pie. It's loaded with cheese and authentic Italian seasonings. Instead of basil and oregano you can use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. The recipe comes from BettyCrocker.com.Note: This recipe can be frozen and reheated.
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (5 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese in pie plate.
- Mix chicken, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil, garlic powder and tomato paste; Spoon over Parmesan cheese.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended, Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- To Freeze: Freeze serving size in a rigid container. Label and Freeze.
- To Reheat: Remove it from container, put it in a proper fitting dish, leave it uncovered, Bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes(The time would have to be adjusted for how much you are reheating to make sure it is heated through).
Had 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken to prepare for dinner. Followed the recipe exactly -- although was concerned with the use of undiluted tomato paste -- worked out fine -- except would add salt and pepper to chicken portion -- might consider pizza sauce instead if I do it again. STILL have enough for another meal !! Thanks for posting, Barb.
I love this recipe- I too found this origionally on bettycrocker.com. That is a great site. These "impossibly easy" pies are just that- super easy, flavorful and fun! they're a great 'make ahead and freeze' meal. I do that then just defrost in the microwave and mix the bisquick mix and pop it in the oven- and poof- dinner in no time! Not all the pies are fantastic- but this one is... very very good!!! :)
What a simple and delicious dish! I made this for dinner tonight using soy milk and soy cheese in place of the dairy ingredients, and it was so yummy! It's even better than pizza! I'll definitely be making this one again.