Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted by request; I've not tried this. Would be a quick weeknight meal; I also think it'd be good to add mushrooms. From a Bisquick cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle ham, cheese& onions onto pie plate.
- Stir remaining ingredients until blended; pour into pie plate over ham/cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into pie comes out clean.
This was all right. But the cheese and edges got all brown before the biscuit stuff was cooked through so I had to pull it. Crunchy almost burnt outside with a gooey undercooked inside. Just not working for me. But I think it would have been a lot better if it had cooked right because even eating it the way it was it wasn't horrible.
This was good, I guess I am not a huge fan of swiss cheese but my family seemed to like it. I may try it again using cheddar.
This was very good. I was able to make it gluten-free by using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. We had this with a tossed salad. I think it would also be a great breakfast pie. Thanks, NewspaperGal for a good, easy recipe.