Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an old recipe that I found in my late MIL's recipe box. Some of the recipes were newspaper clippings that were so yellowed from time I could hardly read them Fortunately, this one I could! Try it!
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cooked and cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix (ex. Bisquick or Jiffy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease 10 X 1 1/2" pie plate.
- Mix beans, mushrooms, onion, garlic and cheese in pie plate. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high speed or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into pie plate.Bake until golden brown and knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean, 30 to 35 minute Let stand 5 minute before cutting. Refrigerate any remaining pie.