1/2 Photos of Ilona's Super Almond, Super Chewy, Low Fat Super Cookies
Ilona #2's Note:
This is my own invention and one of my favorite cookies. It uses marzipan and is incredibly chewy and low in fat. It was an experiment turned delicious! I was craving almond flavor and whipped up some of these as I wanted something with lower fat. They are chewy and crispy. If you like them more crunchy, cook them 5 min longer. If you want it not quite so almond, omit the almond extract. **Note: I have only attempted this recipe in the UK so far. I'm not sure if that makes a difference? Flour type? Eggs etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm marzipan in microwave for 30 seconds to soften it.
- 2Cream marzipan and butter so they are mixed.
- 3Add sugar; mix.
- 4Mix in whole egg and egg whites.
- 5Mix in vanilla and almond extracts.
- 6Mix self-rising and regular flour together and add in thirds into the mix. At this point I hand mix as it gets thick and I don't want to overmix the flour.
- 7Drop onto cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 9-12 min for chewy cookies. Add 5 min for crunchy cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ilona's Super Almond, Super Chewy, Low Fat Super Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: