Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great greek heart food. The McElvains love this and could live on it. Serve with greek salad, pita bread and lemon rice.
- 3 -4 lbs pork roast or 3 -4 lbs turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 fresh lemon
- Cut meat into 1” cubs. Trim fat. Put in bowl.
- Mix other ingredients.
- Olive oil should buoy the spices around the meat (should cover meat).
- Marinade at least 24 hours, stir every 4-6 hours.
- Skewer meat and cook on grill. When meat is cooked, dip in juice of lemon or squeeze it on.
- Serve with pita bread, salad and rice.
We really enjoyed this. What great flavor! I let mine marinate for 29 hours. Next time I will cut WAY back on the salt as this was too salty for us. Thanks, Hill Family for a real keeper!
I used maybe a pound of prok and cut way back on the marinade. Marinaded overnight and this was delish. Made for Newest Zaar Tag March 2009
This is really, really, really good even though I didn't marinate over eight hours. I served it (used pork) with Lemon Rice, recipe#2811815 and very non-traditional dinner rolls. I'm stuffed! Thanks for sharing, this goes into my permanent file.