Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, filling meal that is high in flavor. It contains your vegetables, dairy and meat all in one easy dish. Cooking time does not include the time needed to bake (or nuke) the potatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 4 large hot baked potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook the ground beef til browned, then drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package instructions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each fresh, hot baked potato. Fluff pulp with a fork.
- Top each potato with taco meat, cheese and green onion.
- Serve with bowls of salsa and sour cream and add as desired.
Very good for me and the wife said fabulous. I added onion, green chiles and a fresh jalapeno to the meat. Topped with tortilla strips. Thanks.
This is a great, easy meal that everyone with a family to feed needs to have in the mix. I do suggest a real oven-baked potato for quality, but ours was cooked in a crock pot and they can also be nuked for convenience. Taco stuffing in a potato is a pleasant surprise to those who haven't tried it and comfort food for those familiar with it. We have been doing something similar for years, calling it "Irish tacos." Kids love them, and they can be done salad-bar style with varied toppings so picky eaters can build their own. Made for Top Favorites of 2009.
This was wonderful, yet so simple. This probably won't go in our regular rotation, but we all really liked it and will be great to make when we want something different.