Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different cream/meringue ring that is filled with fresh strawberries - you can make the ring ahead as it needs to be frozen until firm. The Cointreau can be replaced with brandy or even orange juice if you prefer. You can also mash up a few strawberries and add these to the meringue mixture before freezing. If you can’t find meringues and prefer to make them, I use my recipe ‘Cream Meringues’ #122793. (Time to make does not include freeze time or making meringues.)
- 1 pint heavy cream (double) or 1 pint whipping cream (568ml)
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (icing)
- 4 ounces meringues (125g)
- 12 ounces strawberries, halved (350g)
- Place the cream, Cointreau and powdered (icing) sugar into a bowl and whip until it stands in soft peaks. Break the meringues into pieces and fold into the cream.
- Turn into a 2½ pint (1.5 litre) ring mould. Cover with foil and freeze until firm.
- Turn out onto a serving dish 20 minutes before serving and place in the refridgerator.
- Fill the center with strawberries.