Recipe by cassie_bess
These delicious cookies have always been my favorite for the holidays, but you can make them anytime of the year.
Top Review by canson
These cookies were awesome! I am not a big fan of raisins, so I left them out. I also didn't frost them, thought they tasted good enough without the frosting. I made the frosting but ended up not using it. Thanks!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the shortening and sugar in standup mixer.
- Add pumpkin and egg.
- Stir slightly to incorporate.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix this into the creamed mixture.
- Gently stir in the butterscotch morsels, walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- For the frosting, combine butter, milk and brown sugar in a saucepan and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Then stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Let cool a bit (don't let it get hard!), then frost cookies.