Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple
- 3 ounces ginger, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 6 green tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the ginger and 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the mint and tea bags.
- Cover and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain the liquid into a large pitcher or other container.
- Add the honey and lemon juice; stir. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes and more mint leaves.
Very refreshing, hot or cold. The mint is more prominent cold, the ginger more prominent hot. I'm commenting without stars because I think that there is a typo in the ingredients. When I weighed the 1" piece of ginger I've been using for similar-sized batches of tea in other recipes it was less than 1/2oz. 3oz would be over 6 inches of root -- half a good-sized hand of ginger and that would be an incredibly strong, hot flavor. My 1", <1/2oz piece, crushed, made a nice balance with the other flavors.