Recipe by Elly in Canada
From the television show "Man-Made Food" I was waiting for our fresh Ontario peaches to try this recipe and oooooh, how I enjoyed this wonderful dessert! Topped each dessert dish with a few leaves from my chocolate mint plant and served with some tiny crisp sugar cookies... hmm, hmm good!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan combine water, sugar and ice wine.
- Simmer over low heat and until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook syrup for 3 additional minutes, take off the heat and set aside until needed.
- In a glass bowl, place peach halves and pour ice wine syrup on top and refrigerate to allow the flavors to mix.
- Serve chilled in a small bowl and garnish with a drizzle of icing sugar.