Recipe by salvador1709
From the MDC Kitchen to Yours
Top Review by Charlotte J
I made this tonight using Stash Orange Pekoe Tea. I added a little less then half the sugar this recipe called for. I also added a little of the lemon zest in the water. I enjoyed the hint of sweetness in this tea. I'll take this along to the soccer game tomorrow. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game
- 2 quarts water
- 4 tea bags (orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea blend)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a large saucepan over high heat.
- When water comes to a rapid boil, turn off heat, put the tea bags into water and cover.
- After the tea has steeped about 1 hour, pour the sugar into a 2-quart pitcher, then add tea.
- The tea should still be warm so the sugar will dissolve easily.
- Add lemon juice.
- Makes 2 quarts.