This is a simple and delicious dessert -- one of my favorites. The richness of the sauce balances well with the simple flavors of vanilla ice cream and fresh fruit. I prefer to use fresh sliced peaches or mango, but I'm sure other fruits would be delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour one bottle of red wine into a saucepan.
- 2Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise. (Do not substitue vanilla extract for the bean -- the flavor is not anywhere near the same or as good.).
- 3Add the vanilla bean, sugar and peppercorns and keep on a low, rolling boil until the liquid reduces to about a cup. (this will take around a half an hour).
- 4Remove from heat and allow to finish thickening.
- 5Pour sauce over sliced fresh fruit (I prefer peaches or mango) and all natural vanilla ice cream.
- 6The sauce will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream With Red Wine Reduction Sauce and Fresh Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: