Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make and delicious.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 pint ice cream, any flavor, very soft
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package instant pudding mix, any flavor
- Combine milk and ice cream in a mixing bowl.
- Add pudding mix and beat slowly with rotary beater or at lowest speed of electric mixer until blended about 1 minute.
- Chill at least 15 minutes.
- Stir until creamy before serving, if desired.
Wow! Ben & Jerry's used to have a flavor called "Holy Cannoli" that had pistachio ice cream as its base. It was my husband's favorite but wasn't terribly popular and is no longer available. When we lived in OK Braum's had pistachio almond ice cream, but we don't live there anymore. So, basically, my husband has been without access to pistachio ice cream. I started wondering if I could make it with pudding and came across this recipe. It was super easy. I used sugar free vanilla ice cream and skim milk, plus a small box of fat free / sugar free pistachio pudding. Put it in the fridge and cleaned up the kitchen. When I was done this had the consistency of soft serve. Really wonderful. I'm looking forward to trying it with different puddings. Thanks so much!