Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It says to use chocolate chip ice cream for this but i found you could use pretty much any flavor (as long as chocolate goes good with it) I like using cookies and cream...
- 1⁄2 cup nestle quik chocolate syrup
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 quart ice cream (softened)
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie plate with butter.
- Combine chocolate syrup and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until hot (about 45 seconds). Stir together until smooth. reserve 1/4 cup of the chocolate mixture.
- Combine chocolate mixture in larger bowl with crisp rice cereal. Press into pie plate and up the sides. Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved chocolate mixture and sour cream in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread half of the ice cream in the prepared pie plate. Drizzle with half of the sour cream mixture.
- Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle again with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Top with extra chocolate chips if desired. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.