Recipe by Droopy Drawers, By Lucy Lastic
This is always a winner at Christmas time, of course in Aus it's hot at Christmas, so its ideal as a sub for a hot dessert. SO good. Cooking time doesn't include time taken to soften ice cream, or overnight freezing.
- 250 g macadamia nut cookies (no choc chips)
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream, softened
- 90 g white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped strawberry red licorice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped apple licorice (I always use Darrell Lea brand)
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 7cm deep, 9cm x 25.5cm (base) loaf pan, Line base and sides with greaseproof paper, allowing a 5cm overhang at both ends.
- Break cookies into small pieces. Combine ice cream, cookies, chocolate, nuts, coconut and licorice in a bowl.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Level top with a spatula, making sure to pack it down well, to avoid air pockets forming.
- Cover and freeze overnight, or until firm.
- To serve: Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften slightly before turning on to a plate. Top with raspberries, sprinkle with icing sugar. Cut into slices with a hot knife.