Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and tasty ice cream treat. It's a favorite summer dessert for our family and friends.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed Rice Chex
- 3 ounces angel flake coconut
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, in square carton
- Mix all ingredients together except the ice cream.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture in bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Place 1 inch thick slices of ice cream on top.
- Cover mixture completely with ice cream.
- Press ice cream lightly into mixture.
- Spread remaining 1/2 of the mixture on top of ice cream and press lightly.
- Cover and put in the freezer for about 1 hour to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- (hint: let ice cream soften just a bit and slicing it will be easier).