1/11 Photos of I Hate Ricotta Meat & 2 Cheese Stuffed Shells
My non-ricotta cheese-eating husband always raved about "the meat stuffed shells his mom used to make." His grandmother recently wrote to the TV guide (where this recipe originated) and they were kind enough to send back the recipe, dated September 13, 1976. I have to agree, these are delicious! Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread. The prep time includes the pasta/beef cooking; the cook time is the baking time for the casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (26 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 18 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1Boil water for pasta.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain and cool.
- 3Cook pasta in water, drain.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Meanwhile pasta is cooking, combine meat, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, egg and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- 6Mix spaghetti sauce with tomato sauce; cover bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish with 1/4 of the sauce.
- 7Stuff cooked, drained shells with the meat mixture and place on top of sauce in dish in a row.
- 8Add red wine to remaining sauce and mix well; cover shells with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Hate Ricotta Meat & 2 Cheese Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.3
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.9 mg
- Sodium 967.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells