Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
A rich buttery thumbprint cookie dipped in grated nuts and filled with a candied cherry or good thick jam.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup soft unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup grated walnuts
- candied cherries or thick jam
- Blend flour with butter, lemon rind, sugar and egg yolk.
- Form into small balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white.
- Roll in grated nuts.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Poke holes in center of each cookie and place cherry in centers or fill with thick jam.
- Bake in 375 degree F. oven until just lightly browned around edges, about 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 30 cookies.