Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 cups cornmeal
- cayenne pepper, Ground
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, hot
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- deep fat, for frying
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, onions, and oil or bacon drippings.
- Mix well.
- Drop in deep hot fat by spoonfuls and brown on all sides.
Wonderful and very easy to make. Some restaurants serve these with honey for dipping!!! Yummy!
I made these with fried catfish and they were delicious!! I've tried quite a few different recipes and this one was by far the best. I used regular white onions instead of the green onions (I didn't have any green onions).
I used canola oil, but otherwise very good.