Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
I like this recipe it is easy to prepare and it has cornmeal in it
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- oil (for deep frying)
- Heat oil to 375' Mix well the eggs,milk,and green onions.
- in a separate bowl blend together the cornmeal, flour,salt, baking powder and soda.
- stir the dry into the egg mixture.
- drop spoonfuls (1 1/2 TBl. each) into the hot oil.
- cook for 3 minutes (or until brown).
- Drain on paper towels.
- serve warm.