Recipe by Bobbie
This will "delight" more than just your husband! My son barely takes time to take a breath when I make this dish! The combination of flavors is terrific.
Top Review by akgrown
I made this for dinner tonight and my husband was delighted! In fact we all loved it. Being a Hungarian style dish I had to add some paprika to browning beef. I also used fresh mushrooms and added about 1/2 cup more of bell pepper. I substitued the sour cream for non-fat plain yogurt which significantly reduced the fat without changing the flavor. Creamy tangy goodness served over mashed potatos. Delicious! Thanks Bobbie!
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut in 1/2 cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, with broth
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown steak in hot oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden.
- Stir in flour and remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Turn into greased casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until meat is tender – stirring a couple times.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.