photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked as directed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Brown ground beef, bell peppers, and garlic together and drain.
- Cook noodles as directed then drain.
- Add noodles, sugar, and tomato sauce to ground beef and stir.
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and chopped onion.
- Put into a 3-quart casserole dish a layer of noodles and meat, then a layer of cheese mixture.
- Add the last of meat and noodle mixture.
- Last of all add grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty good. My only complaint is that the sour cream/cream cheese taste is a little overpowering. I'm either going to try reducing the amt next time or mixing everything together instead of separating the layers. I used all low-fat ingredients and ground turkey, to lighten it up a bit. Overall, a very good recipe.
I have been making a variation of this recipe for years. I have never added sugar and it turned out just fine. Instead of using onion, I use green onion and add it instead to the cream cheese mixture allowing the flavors to blend well. I also add the noodles to the cream cheese mixture instead and top it with the hamburger mixture and then cheddar cheese for the top. Easy to make. Turns out really well.
I couldn't believe how fast our 6 year old ate this AND then asked for seconds! DH loved it as well.... I am renaming this dish in our house to My Boys' Delight. I used red bell pepper and ended up using an Italian blend of cheese because I was out of cheddar. Great Recipe for a quick and comforting weekday meal! Thanks Keen!5!!
I gave this 5 stars. I make a dish very close to this it is Creamy Noodles N' Beef Casserole. The recipe I use microwaves for 6-7 minutes then another 6-7 minutes. The ingredients my recipe doesn't call for is cream cheese, green pepper, garlic, or sugar. But I sure would love to try them. This is very yummy and is really easy. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, but don't have a lot of time to do it, since I work full time. I like to try a new recipe every Saturday, if time allows. <br> <br>I have one grown son and three grandaughters ages 16,10 and 3. The ten year old has won many medals in gymnastics meets over the past few years.