Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole has been a hit every time. I happened across it when I first started cooking and was looking for something other than Hamburger Helper. It's easy and delicious. I found it in an old cookbook my mother had. The credit for the recipe comes from Marietta Fox in Three Rivers, TX (though I added the can of corn).
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 ounces noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first three ingredients and set aside.
- Brown meat in margarine/butter; add tomato sauce, corn and next four ingredients.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- In a buttered 2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of noodles, beef mixture and cream cheese mixture you have set aside.
- Top with grated cheese and back until cheese bubbles, about 30 minutes.
This was an easy recipe that just needed a little more something in my opinion. I liked the green onion in the creamy mixture but the tomato mixture would have benefited from some garlic and/or more spices. The 2 cans of tomato sauce was a little confusing as I used 2 standard cans that were 15 oz. each then realized this was twice as much as called for. Wondered if it was supposed to be 2 cans of tomato paste. Overall, a pretty good recipe that most of my family liked but not for someone trying to cut back on calories :)
This recipe was so good! It was quick and the whole family loved it! Thanks for the great share.
My husband and I loved this recipe!Easy to make! The only thing we thought of adding to this recipe was maybe a layer of extra cheese in the middle. 5 Star meal!